Monday, January 25, 2016

CPU Parking UnParking example. I use this to Park/Unpark when I to use all cores.

I noticed sometimes if I had it at 100% it would use 100% of my cpu during bf4 and lag me out. So i backed it off to 75% and it fixed my issue. You may have to play with the settings some to get it right but I think having as many cores used for your game is a good thing.
I also read that some games may not like it so you just have to do trial and error. If you see no difference than leave it not parked since it wont hurt and may help during those heavy fire battles.



Update 1/28/2016

Looks like 80% parked uses just 3 of the cores which leaves one core for OS mainly or if Bf4 (or games) need that extra core it will use it?

By definition this should only effect power consumption. For example if an application is not using the 4th core it would idle down or sleep. So the fourth core was just idling taking up cpu cycles instead of sleeping? So Bf4 was using just 3 cores and now the extra power from the 4th core is being used on the 3 cores to boost Bf4?

Definition from search:
    Core Parking is a sleep state (C6) supported by most newer x86 processors, and newer editions of Windows. Core Parking dynamically disables CPU cores in an effort to conserve power when idle. Disabled cores are re-enabled as the CPU load increases once again.


No comments:

Post a Comment